Curtis Turner for 2016 HOF

Curtis Turner for 2016 HOF

Friday, February 18, 2011

Harlow and Joe Do Daytona

This short story has more to do with the dynamic duo's activities before the Daytona 500 than the actual race itself. It seems that Harlow (The Flash) and Joe made to a strip club in Daytona while they were there for the 1978 Daytona 500.
 
We decided to go to a strip club called Pandora's Box and this would be my first and last visit because I still feel badly to this day that any woman has to make a living this way.
 
The owner of the club had all of the girls hustling this cheap champagne which cost five bucks a bottle and wouldn't make good paint thinner so I bought one of the girls and myself a bottle of this thinner took one drink and ordered my usual miller. I started talking to this girl while she stood there with her “pup's” sticking straight out and causing me to keep forgetting what I was going to say. So, I took off my Wood Brother's jacket and told her to put it on, which she did, all the while the owner was giving me the evil eye but I had bought some of his “thinner” so I didn't care.
 
She was the typical stripper. She had a baby to support and of course the daddy had taken off just like a lot of wimps when it comes time to face the music. The next set started and out came some young girl who barely looked legal with a cowgirl outfit and cap busters. When the music started she was all over the stage and would pull out one of the cap buster's shoot it and a piece of her outfit would fly off. I was standing there with a “shazam” look on my face trying to figure out how she did this and still don't know.
 
I do know the Flash had the usual mule chewing briars grin on his face and would get his jollies every time a piece of her outfit flew off until she was down to nothing but a g string. We stayed until closing time and I never got the chance to ask Annie Oakley how she did this and neither did the Flash. Bobby Allison won the race driving for Bud Moore and this and the warm weather was well worth the trip. Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment